SPONGY BRIOCHE STUFFED WITH APPLE
SPONGY BRIOCHE STUFFED WITH APPLE 😋
For the mass:
200 ml of warm milk
300 g bread flour
200 g cake flour
80 g seed oil
grated lemon zest
100g of sugar
1 pup fresh brewer’s yeast
Half a teaspoon of salt
For the filling:
2 or 3 apples
1 spoon of sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon apricot jam
1 egg yolk + a little milk
1. Dissolve yeast in slightly warm milk.
2. Add sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, and lemon zest.
3. Then add both flours a little at a time.
4. Finally, add salt.
5. Knead until you get a smooth and uniform block.
6. Place in a bowl, cover and let sit for 2-3 hours.
7. Peel and dice the apples.
8. Place them in a saucepan with cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice.
9. Cook on the stove until softened. Then add jam.
10. Roll out the dough on a floured work surface, then divide it into two equal parts.
11. Fill both with the apple mixture and close.
12. Now place the two loaves in a round mold with greaseproof paper on the bottom and shape the twist.
13. Cover and let rise again for an hour.
14. Brush the surface with a little beaten egg yolk and milk, then decorate with grains of sugar.
15. Bake at 180° for 40 minutes.