BERLINAS STUFFED WITH PASTRY CREAM
BERLINAS STUFFED WITH PASTRY CREAM 😋
For the sedans:
125g of milk
7 g dry baker’s yeast
40 g butter or margarine
300 g of flour
1 pinch of salt
Icing sugar for dusting
For the pastry cream:
The skin of 1 lemon
300g of milk
20 g of cornstarch
3 egg yolks
1. In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk.
2. Next, add the sugar, diced butter and egg and stir with a spoon.
3. Finally, add the flour and salt and knead until you get a very tender dough, just enough to handle. The amount of flour is indicative, as each brand of flour absorbs a different amount of liquid. Better to start with 250 grams and add if necessary.
4. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rise, in a bowl, covered with a cloth, for one hour.
5. When the time is up, stretch the dough on the floured worktop until it is 2 cm thick and with a round cutter (a narrow inverted glass is worth…) portions of dough are cut. Instead of cutting them, you can also make balls of dough (they are prettier, although they take more work).
6. Separate from each other, cover with a cloth and let rise for another hour.
7. Meanwhile, we prepare the pastry cream, putting all the ingredients in a saucepan and putting it on the fire, stirring continuously until it takes shape, about 5 minutes.
8. Pour the cream into a pastry bag with a fine nozzle.
9. Once the sedans have doubled in volume, they are fried in sunflower oil. They are put on absorbent paper and sprinkled with sugar.
10. When they are cold, they are filled with the cream by inserting the nozzle through the bottom of the sedans.